UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, August 03, 2006

Fall Camp Starts Today

Dave Reardon follows yesterday's article by Ukjent Person (Swedish?) with his own breakdown of which players are competing at which position.

Reardon also talks about some players who can't join fall camp right way due to various issues.
Outside linebacker Amani Purcell and wide receiver Ian Sample -- two potential starters -- were still not cleared to join fall camp as of last night.

Purcell is still attending summer school at UH and needs to complete a transfer process from Penn State.

Sample was still awaiting the outcome of an appeal to the NCAA for an additional season of eligibility due to a family situation that kept him out of football three years ago.

The status of sophomore running back/linebacker Mario Cox was also undetermined. Sources said Cox will likely not be available for camp, but plans to enroll in school this semester.
Stephen Tsai adds that incoming CB Keenan Jones is also being held up.
Jones needs an associate degree to be eligible to play this season. He said he attended summer school, and earned enough credits to qualify. He said he is waiting for an official posting of his grades.

"Hawai'i doesn't want me to come down until I have the AA in my hands," Jones said. "I passed my requirements to get my AA. They don't release the grades until a certain point."
I think UH will be fine, but I hope everyone makes it back in time for Bama.

And it looks like we won't see any of that Colt Brennan vomit magic on the field this season:
"I had bad sinuses," he said. "During the heat — it's only when it's hot — I would throw up. I've got some (medication) that clears my sinuses. It should diminish my sinus and nasal flow so I don't get as sick out there during the hot games. It would choke me. I would end up swallowing a lot of stuff that would make me sick. Once I swallowed enough, I would throw up. But after that, I would feel better right away. I've been doing good this summer. I haven't experienced anything like that yet."
It seems like every time he threw up, he threw a touchdown on the next play. Oh well, guess he'll just have to rely on his skills!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **