UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Sunday, July 30, 2006

Interview with Kalilimoku

Stephen Tsai has a Sunday interview with Brad Kalilimoku. Here's an excerpt:
On his free time:

"When I'm not playing football, I like to go to (Kualoa) Ranch. I ride at Kualoa. I've been riding there for more than four years. We rope. We do cattle work. We do branding. I help out. It's a good thing. You get away from the city life. When you're riding the horse, you can look around and relax. It's peaceful and quiet.

"I'll help with the branding. We round them up, and take them to a pen. We'll have 100 calves. We have to bring them down, and hold them down. They'll rope the leg or the head, then we'll tackle them. We're tackling the calves. I like it. I like to tackle. When we do the branding, I'm the one who does the tackling. I sit on the calf, hold it down, and somebody else brands it. We'll do a hundred a day. It's like a season's worth of tackles. It's a strong animal. It reminds me of the linemen."
He's a hard worker. I think he'll have a good season, and hopefully it won't be his last.
Kalilimoku, a senior who could earn an extra season if he earns enough credits this year, is the starting strong safety entering Thursday's start of training camp.
In other news, Kealoha Pilares, a running back who was named Offensive Player of the Year by the Advertiser as a Damien senior last year, will transfer from Air Force to Hawaii, and will be eligible to play this year, but may not
Pilares has been promised a scholarship, although it has not been finalized whether he will join the Warriors for the start of training camp this week or in January 2007.
Lots of offensive talent coming in!

Dave Reardon has an article about the comraderie among the WAC coaches. Lots of great coaches in this league, now it's time to "play up." Haha.

And did you know Stephen Tsai had a blog? It's called The Warrior Beat. Read his articles for the news -- read his blog for the smack talk! I've put it on my links to the right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **