UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Jamora, Sarkisian, Etc.

HawaiiAthletics.com has this week's game notes and info.

GoHuskies.com profiles Washington defensive end Hauoli Jamora, who went to Kahuku and is related or in-laws with several UH players.
"We were talking trash a little bit to each other, but all just fun and jokes," Jamora said. "We all want each other to play to the best of our abilities and see what happens."
He also talks about growing up a UH fan.
Jamora committed late in his senior season to Washington, after a plan to sign with Brigham Young fell through and Hawai'i came on late. He says Warriors football is king on the islands.

"Whoo! Everybody loves football in Hawai'i, I can say. All my family, all my friends are into it," he said. "From when I was a little kid I wanted to play for UH because I went and saw them all the time. I watched them on TV.

"But," he added with a laugh and a nod toward Saturday's reunion, "not anymore."
Bob Condotta of The Seattle Times has video of Jamora's interview with the press. He has some interesting things to say about choosing the Huskies over the Warriors, and the recruiting process in general - the lure to stay home vs. going away. It's what UH has to contend with every single year. Condotta also has a profile of Jamora.

Ferd Lewis profiles Washington head coach Steve Sarkisian (subscription required).

And Stephen Tsai has more about Aaron Brown and Darius Bright getting reinstated.
In the first three practices last week, Brown, who was allowed to work out, was on the scout team.

"I got kicked off of scout team because I was going too hard," Brown said. "I wanted to get my work in. I didn't want to take any plays off."

Brown and Bright apologized to teammates and coaches for their arrests.

"I do have regrets," Brown said. "Life is full of decisions. You have to learn from them. It was a bad decision I made. I have to move forward from here."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **