UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Saturday, April 30, 2011

Green to Packers, Salas to Rams!!!

CONGRATULATIONS to former Warrior Alex Green being selected as the 96 pick in the 3rd round last night.

Here's some coverage from all over the place.

Star-Advertiser's breaking news.
"He can catch the ball out of the backfield, he's an explosive back. For his size, there weren't many guys coming out in the draft that can run like he can. And watching him on film, he really stuck out in that he got hit a couple times downfield, they were big hits, and he popped right back up and he'd run back to the huddle and guys on the offense rally around him."

and more coverage from Stephen Tsai in today's paper:
“That was my goal from Day 1, when I went to a junior college,” Green said. “I wanted to take care of my family. They made a lot of sacrifices for me. I thought the best way to do it was to play football. Football is like a business. I’m grateful for the career.”

Analysis from ESPN.com
He has an excellent blend of bulk, foot quickness and top-end speed. He moves well laterally and there is a lot to like about his receiving skills on third down.


BREAKING NEWS: Greg Salas just picked up by the St. Louis Rams in round 4, pick number 112.

Hopefully more good news to come!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **