UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, October 20, 2010

WitP: Sopoaga, Bess, Elimimian

Michael Martinez of NinersDigest.com talks to Isaac Sopoaga about playing fullback and getting the rock.
Asked to describe his running moves, Sopoaga said, “There’s no secret. It’s just like me playing defense. Just beat the guy in front of you. It’s the same when you carry the ball -- just run over the guy in front of you.”

At some point, Sopoaga said he wants to run with the ball, as Perry once did. QB Alex Smith, asked if he had practiced handing off the ball to Sopoaga, smiled.

”I can’t divulge that information,” he said.
Omar Kelly of the Sun Sentinel talks to Davone Bess about his amazing month.
“I think I get satisfaction in knowing that I accomplished something. Obviously the money is good, and to have the security from a family standpoint is good. But knowing that all the hard work I put in, the sacrifices and dedication, the determination I put in; everything I wanted to do, everything I mapped out to do came through.

“I’m thankful,” said Bess, who has brought in 156 catches for 1,594 yards and five touchdowns in his two-plus seasons. “I like the group of guys I’m around. I like the potential of this organization and team. I’m a part of an offense. We have a bunch of young players here and the sky is the limit. They believed in me and that goes a long way.”.
Mike Beamish of the Vancouver Sun has a Q&A with Solomon Elimimian. Here's an excerpt:
Q: Who’s closest to you on the Lions?

A: Adam Leonard. He was my roommate for three years in Hawaii and now he’s my teammate on the Lions. He’s a very smart player and an intelligent person. He lives in Seattle, so we go down there to visit his family when we have time off. It’s like having a second home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **