UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Tuesday, May 25, 2010

WitP: Bess, Manuwai, Forney, Pisa

KGO-TV San Francisco profiles Davone Bess as he returns to Oakland to talk to the kids. Check out who the sports anchor is.



Bess also recently visited a kid who won the national "Fuel Up to Play 60" award.

Vito Stellino of Jacksonville.com profiles Vince Manuwai, whose job with the Jaguars is now on the line.
The eight-year veteran, drafted by the Jaguars in the third round in 2003, now faces the biggest challenge of his career.

In fact, his career might be on the line.

Recently demoted to second team and facing more competition now that the Jaguars traded for guard Justin Smiley, Manuwai knows he has to regain his old form if he's to have a future with the Jaguars. The trade for Smiley was another signal the Jaguars aren't happy with the play of their interior linemen and are looking to upgrade that area of the line.
And it looks like former Warrior Kynan Forney has replaced Manuwai on the first team.
Of Forney, Del Rio said, "Kynan's had a good spring. I think he has his mind set on earning playing time. He knows there's an opportunity to do that.

"I think he's embraced it. He's working very hard in the weight room. He's more comfortable in our system, and I think he'll fight for some time there."
Pisa Tinoisamoa talks to ESPN Chicago about returning to form.
After injuries cut short his first season in Chicago, linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa had plenty of motivation to re-sign with the Bears this offseason.

"I felt like there was a lot of unfinished business," Tinoisamoa said Friday. "I felt like I left a lot of stuff on the table that I didn't get to eat and clean up."
However, Tinoisamoa is not guaranteed a starting job, and unlike last summer, Nick Roach sits in the driver's seat at strong side linebacker.

"It might be kind of reversed," Tinoisamoa said. "Last year, although Roach was the starter, people thought I would be given the first crack at the starting job. But now, it's kind of reversed. Nick is a very good player and I like him a lot. But that's not going to keep me from competing and doing what I need to do. I still consider myself a starter, so I think this will be a healthy battle that's going to make this team better."

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **