UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Tuesday, May 25, 2010

More on Ron Lee's Resignation

Warriors assistant Ron Lee steps down, by Stephen Tsai

Ron Lee: Time was right to retire, by Jason Kaneshiro
"The big thing is I'm happy with the decision and I still think the world of (head coach Greg McMackin), the staff and the players. It's a good time for me to go," Lee said. "I feel good about it, but I'm going to miss the players."
Potent offense had quiet leader, by Ferd Lewis
Lee said the shifting of titles and pay had little to do with his departure. And, to a point, friends will tell you, that's probably true.

There occurred, they suggest, a fraying of a long-running professional relationship. More than 20 years ago, McMackin, as head coach, and Lee, as his offensive coordinator, teamed up for a record-setting stint at Oregon Tech.
UH will miss Ron Lee, may bring back Mouse, by Dave Reardon
No Ron Lee at UH is bad news for the program, even if it's not a surprise.

Good news? How about The Return of Mouse Davis. Yes, the man most associated with the development of the run-and-shoot, the guru of the four-wide.

McMackin doesn't have much selling to do.

"I think there's a strong possibility, there's some real positives," says Davis, when I ask him if he will return for another tour at UH as the new receivers coach. "As you know, Hawaii is one of those places you like to get to."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **