UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Monday, May 10, 2010

WitP: Colt Brennan

Rich Tandler of CSNWashington.com profiles Colt Brennan. Here's a couple excerpts:
It appears that Brennan has the inside track to be the third quarterback this season. He’s not taking it for granted, however.

“It's always a competition,” Brennan said after Saturday’s minicamp. “That's something that will never change no matter what.”
“My position right now is to show the coaches what I'm all about,” Brennan said. “My hope is to get them to say, ‘Hey, look at this young kid. Let's put some time into him.’ Hopefully, I can convince them that I can be something down the road.”

Brennan is a big fan of the offense that Kyle and Mike Shanahan are installing. “It’s been awesome; Kyle has a great system,” he said. “I have a lot more confidence, and I’m really excited about the whole opportunity.”

One of the reasons why he is enjoying himself is that his mechanics are not under a microscope as they were under Zorn.

“They said ‘We want you to be you,’” Brennan said. “I get to go back to being myself, which is really exciting.”
Warpath Confidential has 5 Questions for Colt Brennan.
What do you have to do to make sure you are here in September?

Basically I’ve just got to progress each week. You want to get better each week. And I think the preseason will be a big factor, as it always is. But right now my check list is to have this offense down, be very confident walking into the preseason, and to keep conveying to these coaches that there’s a future for me, obviously no time soon, but there’s a future for me down the road. For now I have a chance to learn and obviously learn from two great quarterbacks in Donovan and Rex.

It’s really kind of nice actually. A lot of pressure last year and this year the pressure is not really there. They kind of pushing me and saying; ‘how good can you be, and how well can you show us what you can do?’ Right now I’m excited about the opportunity put in front of me. I’m excited about this offense, we are having a ton of fun running it. I’m excited that I get to be me again, I got my number back.

So, I’m really excited about the whole thing.
And via Twitter, Redskins.com's Matt Terl has this about Colt's new hobby.
Colt Brennan's new hobby: collecting and listening to vintage vinyl. Which explains the Bob Marley 7" arriving by mail at #Redskins Park.

1 Comments:

  • At Monday, May 10, 2010 at 8:50:00 AM HST, Blogger Lizkauai said…

    I'm exuberantly but cautiously optimistic about Colt's opportunities with the new Redskins scheme.
    We know Colt can produce... it's the other side of the ball and the the coaching staff that need to be synced in vision and execution. :-)

    BELIEVE! HTTR!

     

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **