UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Tuesday, January 05, 2010

WitP: RGM to the Dolphins (w/UPDATES)

According to the Advertiser, Ryan Grice-Mullen (Mullins) will sign with the Miami Dolphins.
Former University of Hawaii football player Ryan Grice-Mullins and the Miami Dolphins have reached agreement on a free-agent contract, according to people familiar with the situation.
Quantcast

Grice-Mullins will be reunited with Davone Bess, who led the Dolphins with 76 catches for 758 yards during the recently completed regular season.

Grice-Mullins and Bess were the Warriors' starting slotbacks in 2005, 2006 and 2007.
Congrats to RGM(M)!

UPDATE: Dave Reardon talks to RGM about his impending move to Miami.
This may seem like a strange time for an NFL team to lock up a free agent for next season. But the Miami Dolphins apparently liked what they saw in Ryan Grice-Mullins at a workout two weeks ago so much that they moved quickly.

“It shows they really want me there,” the former UH slotback told me on the phone today. “I can’t sign until Jan. 4, but we have an agreement in place.”

RGM said he might work out in Hawaii in preparation for the first camp in March.

He said the success of former UH teammate Davone Bess helped open the door for him.

“Oh, yes, definitely,” he said. “After what Davone has done, that has not hurt at all. Everyone from Hawaii knew if he got his opportunity he would shine.

“Now I just need to do what I always do, train and work hard.”
And from 2007, here's a pic Chawan Cut created:



UPDATE (1/6/10): Jason Kaneshiro has more from RGM.
Bess led the Dolphins in receiving this season, and Grice-Mullen looks forward to his opportunity to join him in Miami.

"It's pretty cool," said Grice-Mullen, who played for the BC Lions of the Canadian Football League this season. "It's great to have somebody who's like my brother there who can help me out and help in my transition with the team.

"I still have to earn my stripes," he added. "I'm really happy for him and he's definitely established himself with the Dolphins. But I have to earn my way, just like he did."

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **