UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Monday, August 31, 2009

Update: Tonight's news, WitP: Ingram, Satele, Colt

Congrats to Jake Ingram, who won the battle to be the Patriots' long snapper.

UPDATE: Here's local news coverage of it along with UH players talking about preparing during Game Week!

Meanwhile, Samson Satele is still battling to be Oakland's starting center.
Raiders coach Tom Cable declared the position open as ever as Oakland prepares for Thursday's exhibition finale at Seattle. Who knew replacing former starter Jake Grove would prove so hard?

"There are things that I like and there are some things where I don't feel like he's getting it quick enough," Cable said. "There's definitely competition there."
Cable said the issue here is making line calls because "in this system, the center has to run the show."

Satele admits it's been a learning curve going from Miami's power blocking to Oakland's zone-blocking scheme. His agility is considered a better fit for the ZBS, but it didn't help that he missed most the offseason recovering from shoulder surgery.

"When you don't know the offense, it's kind of hard," Satele said. "It's easier once you learn it. It's a perfect offense for what I'm good at."
There are rumors that Chase Daniel is the favorite to be Washington's third-string QB.
According to ESPN.com, Chase Daniel looks to be the favorite to win the third-string quarterback job for the Redskins over Colt Brennan. According to the report, the job is Daniel's to lose, but Brennan will get one more chance to play his way onto the team in the final preseason game.
Colt talks to Warpath Confidential about his game vs the Patriots.
It’s kind of like last week. Obviously I had a couple mistakes here and there which are gonna happen every game. I moved the ball. I had some good things happen. Looking back I can think of a couple errors I had. One time I knew I should have thrown a hot route real quick on a run play, if they stack the box you’ve got to get it outside. Little stuff like that, that obviously you can get coached up on. Besides the interception I thought I moved the ball well against a good defense and showed some progress from the first two weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **