UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, July 09, 2009

News and Notes: Kauai, Chizzy, Recruits

The UH coaches wrapped up their three-day Speed & Quickness Clinic yesterday. David Simon of KauaiWorld.com has a report.

Stephen Tsai has a Q&A with incoming JC running back Chizimuzo "Chizzy" Dimude.
Hectic?
"I came in Sunday. I slept the whole way on the flight. It was fast. I started school the next day."
From what he can tell ....
"It's cool. I like it so far. I'm adjusting pretty fast. I can't wait for the regular season to start."
Chizzy?
"My mom named me that. It's short for Chizimuzo — 'God showed me the way' in Igbo."
Jason Kaneshiro wrote about London Sapolu and Ipulasi Eselu committing to UH. Here's an excerpt from Eselu's article:
Eselu (6-foot-2, 200 pounds) plays outside linebacker for Moanalua, but is projected to grow into a defensive end in college. Moanalua coach Arnold Martinez said he plans to play Eselu at end in certain packages along with dropping him into coverage or having him rush the passer.

"Lasi's kind of like another coach on the defense for me," Martinez said. "Great football IQ and then obviously he has great dimensions and he's able to make plays. ... Just a real versatile player for us off the edge."
UPDATE (7/10/09): Kaneshiro talks to UH's newest commit, Sean Michael Shigematsu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **