UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, July 09, 2009

WitP: Bess, Brennan

Ed Thompson of Scout.com has a Q&A with Davone Bess.
Thompson: Davone, you caught 54 passes during your rookie season even though you only had six starts. You have to be pleased with that since there are veterans who start 16 games and catch maybe 50, 60 passes.

Bess: Yeah, I get excited. It was unfortunate when Camarillo went down and got hurt, but obviously, when he went down my role expanded. I made the most of the opportunity when the coaches gave me that shot and I've never wanted to look back. I take every opportunity like it's my last. Me and Chad built a pretty good connection towards the end of the season and he kept coming my way. Hopefully we can keep things going from the beginning of the season to the end and make it happen again.
KGMB's Liz Chun has part two of her profile and interview with Colt Brennan. The story starts at about 1:05 into the video.
"Basically, the offseason is all about maintaining your strength and your conditioning and throwing the ball," Brennan said. "You get enough practice during 2 a days, you want to show up in shape and ready to go."

Brennan says coaches want him quick and agile and while he's noticeably heavier than before, the team says he's just about six pounds away from his ideal weight of 212.

"Hip healed and I slimmed down, had the knee surgery and slimmed down, knee healed and I'm feeling great," Brennan said. "Weight is definitely not the problem."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **