UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Warriors in the Pros: Ryan Grice-Mullen

Ryan Grice-Mullen talks to Lowell Ulrich of The Province about the ball that slipped through his hands late in the BC Lions season opener.
Grice-Mullen spent most of the contest in a cat-and-mouse game with various Riders defensive backs and when he needed to go deep, he took off. Buck Pierce's throw found Grice-Mullen alone behind coverage, but he adjusted to the ball a split-second too late.

Game over. Unless, of course, you have two days to think about what happened.

"Of course I'm still mad about not making that play, because it's one I make over and over," the receiver said. "But that's what Saturdays are for. I have Saturday to stay home, yell, slam things around. But as soon as Monday practice comes around, it's totally out of my system." That's not entirely accurate, however, as Grice-Mullen looked at a replay Monday so as to work on avoiding a repeat.

"Clearly there's no excuses, especially in the last seconds of the game. [The ball] kept drifting and I didn't adjust until the last second," he said.
Great quote from RGM at the end of the article:
"I'm a man about it," he said. "Guys who don't trust their skills make excuses. That was a great ball by Buck. I just didn't finish."
The article also notes that he'll be returning punts sometime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **