UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Tuesday, June 30, 2009

WitP: Mouton, Mighty Mouse, Colt

Ryan Mouton and the Tennessee Titans came to terms on a 4-year deal today.
Ryan Mouton and the Tennessee Titans came to terms today, according to Ken Zuckerman, the agent for the cornerback who played for Hawaii.
The four-year contract is worth close to $2.5 million and can reach over $3 million if Mouton achieves certain milestones.
Stephen Tsai has more:
"This just caps off a successful post-season by Ryan," Zuckerman said. "He went from a projected free agent and a blip on the NFL radar to a top draft pick and it wasn't easy. He missed a couple of games during his senior season, pulled his hamstring at the East-West Shrine All-Star game, aggravated the same hamstring at the combine and did the same at Hawaii's pro day. In fact, he never completed a 40 yard dash healthy. However, with his tremendous upside and great character he was able to overcome all of these obstacles and still maintain to elevate his draft stock. I'm really proud of him and he deserves it!"
Yesterday, Billy V tweeted that Chad Owens was picked up by the Montreal Alouettes of the CFL.
HawaiianBroadcast.com confirms Former UH Player Chad Owens picked up by Montreal Alouettes/Canadian Football League. Owens leaves Wed for CA
Stephen Tsai had more:
"I'm just looking forward to playing football again," Owens wrote. "Just trying to continue to live my dream and continue to do what I love to do."
Owens has recovered from a torn ACL that abbreviated his indoor-league season last year.
Thanks to Patty G for sending these next two Colt Brennan articles:

Jake Luce of Redskins.com has a Q&A with Colt Brennan. Here's an excerpt.
Q: What are your goals this season?

A: “My goal is to get better in practice, understand the offense more and act more like a starting quarterback. I have to have an attitude that, if I’m called upon, I can do the job. It takes a lot of work. You’ve got to put in the time in learning the playbook and you’ve got to be a leader.

“When it comes time for preseason, I want to have four great games and I want everybody to step back and say, ‘Wow, look how much the kid has grown from last year.’

“When it comes time for the regular season, I just need to be ready because you can never predict anything. I want to be ready so that, if I’m called upon, we’re not going to be taking a step back.

“It’s going to be, ‘Let’s go have fun with this new kid under center.’”
And in an interview with Hogs Haven, Redskins linebacker Robert Henson had some cool things to say about Colt.
Robert: You know who can still throw? TC. Todd Collins. He can THROW. I was dropping back in coverage thinking I was about to get him and that ball was there! I wouldn’t sleep on Colt Brennan either. Colt’s arm is crazy. You know what messes me up is his release. Most of the time you can time a quarterback’s release but that sidearm.

Sugar
: The coaches get on him for that?

Robert: I haven’t been really paying attention to that. I’m mixed up in my own battles. I can’t touch the ball when he throws, but I’ll try to change that in training camp. I remember watching him in your pre-season game last year, and he did real good.

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **