UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Sunday, June 28, 2009

WitP: LaBoy, Mouton, Bess

Travis LaBoy talks to KHNL about recovering from ankle surgery, coming back to UH for his degree, and his desire to coach at UH some day in the future. Article includes video.
His rehab will keep him out of the upcoming year, but LaBoy has plans during his down time.

"I'll be out this season, probably try get a little school done, a little school work. We'll find out what I got left, hopefully it's not too much, but I got a feeling it's quite a bit so you might see a lot of me down here so don't make fun of me too much, I'm trying to get my work done," said LaBoy
"I'd love to come back to Hawaii and coach, not necessarily head coach, but you don't even gotta pay me, just let me be on the sideline and help these kids out, I don't really have any love feelings for any other colleges, so I'd definitely love to come back God willing you know?"
Terry McCormick of The Nashville City Paper talks to Ryan Mouton about recovering from his hamstring injury and what he expects going into this season.
Mouton had a hamstring issue when the Titans drafted him in the third round out of Hawaii in April. It limited him during the rookie orientation and the May OTA work. But of late, Mouton has been a full participant, despite tweaking his ankle a few days ago, and should project himself in the mix as a backup cornerback, dimeback and possibly in the kick return derby that features a number of players.

“I’m feeling a lot better. I feel like I’m 100 percent now. Hopefully, I can just go in there and contribute somewhere,” Mouton said. “It’s a learning process, but I feel like I’m picking it up well. Every day, I’ve just got to go in there and try to get better.”
Gary Estwick of The Tennessean writes about Mouton's opportunity to contribute his rookie season.
"We felt like he was a guy who could possibly come in here and give us some depth in the secondary, as well as help us immediately on special teams," defensive backs coach Marcus Robertson said. "He's a very explosive guy, very physical tackler and he's got a little bit of knowledge of the game."

Mouton's top impact, barring an injury to Fuller or starting cornerbacks Cortland Finnegan and Nick Harper, likely will be as a gunner on special teams, taking the pressure off safety Michael Griffin.

Mouton will also compete for the kickoff and punt return jobs.
And some douchebag named "Lambo_Weezy" has been impersonating Davone Bess on Twitter, Ustream, and who knows where else. The impostor has been trash-talking other NFL players, asking people for money to appear at clubs, asking other Twitter users to pick up women for him, basically dragging Davone's name through the mud. Check out Finstache and the Phinsider for the details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **