UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, June 17, 2009

WitP: McBriar, Pisa

Rob Phillips of DallasCowboys.com talks to Mat McBriar about getting healthy again.
McBriar didn't resume punting until March, first aiming for targets merely feet away and slowly progressing into a normal routine. He said he still feels a bit "rusty" but admits he's never pleased with his consistency at this point in the off-season.

"I hadn't been kicking every day like I'm going to be for the next three days," he said. "So there's a little bit of soreness associated with just doing it without any rest."
McBriar eventually expects to reach his own standards. In the meantime, he's simply grateful for his health.

"I'm not sort of thinking I'm going to come in (this week) and set the world on fire," he said, "but my foot feels good.

"It's good to be back involved. I remember when I first came in I was really excited about things and I kind of feel like I've gotten a little more excitement back."
Chicago Bears GM Jerry Angelo tells ChicagoBears.com that the Pisa Tinoisamoa has looked good in practice.
All of our linebackers, particularly Jamar Williams and Pisa Tinoisamoa, have also looked real good. I think that’s going to be a position of strength for us.
Pisa has been running with the first team.
*** It hasn't taken long for Pisa Tinoisamoa to get work with the first team at strong-side linebacker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **