UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Blaze Q&A, Spain, Enos

Stephen Tsai has a Q&A with Blaze Soares. Here's an excerpt:
How's the calf?
"You see me running. I'm doing good. I'm doing coach Mel's workouts every day. He's been getting me right. That's all I can ask for: a good strength coach. I'm working on getting my leg 100 percent."
Soares suffered the injury on the second day of training camp.
"It was a typical hitting drill. It was a freak accident. The Lord has a plan for us. Whatever happens, happens for a reason. Only the man upstairs knows."
On missing the entire 2008 season:
"It was very frustrating. It was hard to go to every game, and having to sit out. That's life. I'm sad to say I'm injury prone. I talked to (former UH running back) Nate Ilaoa. He said, 'Bro, you've just go to deal with it.' He was in the same situation as me. He knows what I'm going through."
Katoosh.
"I love to hit. But, to me, I'm just another player trying to make my family and the state proud."
Jason Kaneshiro writes about UH's newest commit, quarterback Kevin Spain.
A fan of UH's run-and-shoot offense, Spain said he followed the Warriors during Colt Brennan's career and made sure to watch whenever UH appeared on ESPN. So when his father was sending out scouting tapes to college and asked Spain which schools he was interested in, Hawaii ranked right near the top of his wish list.

He attended a camp at Arizona State, but the Sun Devils already had a quarterback committed. So ASU coach Dennis Erickson directed Spain to the Hawaii staff.

Not long after, Spain (6-foot-3, 190 pounds) got a call from the UH coaches offering him a scholarship.

"Basically I was overwhelmed," said Spain, who also had an offer from New Mexico State and took a couple of days to confer with his family and coaches before committing.

"The recruiting process was different that I expected, but it ended up working out great."
Kaneshiro also talks to incoming kicker Scott Enos.
The kicker out of Sierra (Calif.) College signed a scholarship agreement with UH last month and moved to Hawaii to start summer school about a week later.

Since then he's been a regular in the weight room and at Ching Field preparing for his shot to compete for the kicking job vacated by Dan Kelly last season.

"I feel like I'm settled in," Enos said. "So I've just been going to work.

"It's been great. I go to school, study hall, workout, kick, it's all here for me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **