UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Monday, April 20, 2009

Warriors in the Pros: Jake Ingram, Colt

Jason Kaneshiro profiles former UH long snapper Jake Ingram, who will be waiting by the phone this Sunday.
Whether that call comes during the draft or after with the offer of a free-agent deal, Ingram is looking forward to a shot at making a roster.

"Before I wasn't really thinking about (the draft)," said Ingram, who will spend Sunday at his Mililani home, "but it's getting closer and I am starting to get a little anxious.

"To get a call and have a team have enough confidence to use a draft pick to select me, that would be unbelievable. Especially as a long snapper."
The D.C. Sports Bog catches up with Colt Brennan and a couple of his teammates at a Washington Capitals hockey game.
See, Colt had never been to a Caps game before, though he's been to plenty of Ducks games. His buddy warned him that he'd better wear a red shirt. Colt declined.

"I thought I'd kind of feel like a dork if me and him showed up together wearing matching red t-shirts," Brennan said. "But now I got here, and I'm like, 'You should have made me wear red.' "

That's why they stopped off at a retail location during the second intermission, where Brennan dropped $200 or so on an Ovechkin jersey. He planned on giving it to his cousin, but he immediately slipped it on, tags and all.

"Now I'm official," he said. "Now I'm legit."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **