UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Kenny Estes, Clinic, Les Keiter

Jason Kaneshiro profiles safety (and kicker?) Kenny Estes.
Football became Estes' focus after graduation, but he picked up some weight when he started living on the Manoa campus, which cost him some of the speed he displayed in high school.

Coming into the spring, he made an effort to drop the extra pounds to pick up a step on the field.

"I've been trimming down and felt like I got faster, quicker, more agility," said Estes, who also dealt with an injury that limited his action last fall. "I knew I was lacking speed last year. This year I watched my weight, watched what I eat."

The effects of his new look have been evident to the coaches.

"You see his speed, you see him accelerate to the ball, you see his pursuit, that guy is a different guy," Miano said.
HawaiiAthletics.com has info and a schedule for this Saturday's Warrior Football Coaching Clinic.

Stephen Tsai, Cindy Luis and Dave Reardon remember legendary sportscaster Les Keiter, who passed away yesterday.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **