UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Monday, January 26, 2009

Aulola Tonga, Alex Green and Kevin Bell to Join UH

Stephen Tsai writes that Kahuku safety Aulola Tonga will become a Warrior.
"I told coach (Greg McMackin) I wanted to be a Warrior," said Tonga, who is 6 feet 3 and 200 pounds. He said he is capable of running 40 yards in under 4.6 seconds.

Tonga also has a 38-inch vertical jump. At Kahuku, he has earned letters in basketball, volleyball, baseball, track and field and football.

Next month, he will earn his Eagle Scout ranking. His project was to build a sandbox for a preschool in Kahuku.

"I wanted to play in front of my family and friends," said Tonga, who turned down offers from UCLA and Brigham Young. "I think there's a chance I can play right away."
Tsai also writes about running back Alex Green committing, and kicker Kevin Bell expected to join the team as a preferred walk-on.
Green also visited Hawai'i the past weekend, and came away impressed with the UH's coaches and players.

"The city is beautiful," Green said. "The people are great. They made me feel welcomed."
Bell received offers from Miami, Boise State, Utah and Air Force.

But he said Hawai'i is "a great place, really great culture. All of the people are nice. The weather is nice."

Bell is 5 feet 9 and 170 pounds. He said his range is 60 yards.
Congrats to all of them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **