UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, January 22, 2009

WitPs: Veikune, Ingram, LaBoy, UNGL Players

Here's another good Senior Bowl practice review for David Veikune.
David Veikune, DE, Hawaii: No matter who he is up against, even Oher, Veikune doesn't back down. His motor always runs. He's strong at the point of attack and works very hard to reach the quarterback on every play. It's hard not to be impressed with his effort.
Jake Ingram gets a mention in a DraftCountdown.com report.
For the first time this week I got to see Hawaii LS Jake Ingram in action and he appeared to have good zip and put a nice spiral on his snaps.
Bob McManaman of the Arizona Republic talks to Travis LaBoy about his latest injury.
He's been nicked up and battered as much as anybody on the Cardinals' roster, having battled leg and ankle injuries, groin pulls and neck strains, and most recently, a biceps tendon problem that knocked him out early of the NFC Championship Game.

"There's no way I'm missing this next game," defensive end/outside linebacker Travis LaBoy said after practice on Thursday, referring to Super Bowl XLIII against the Steelers on Feb. 1.

LaBoy was limited in workouts when the Cardinals returned to the practice field, but he said his sore left arm has improved and added, "I'm going to feel way better than I did this last game, and in that one, I only played like five plays or something."
"I'm ready to go. I feel fresh, actually. I haven't really played since the Vikings game five weeks ago or so. I think I played 10 snaps in the playoffs against Carolina and just five last week against the Eagles, so I think I feel fresher than I did back in preseason. I feel my best and hopefully, it will show."
The rosters for the new United National Gridiron League have been released and they include several former UH players.

Former UH defensive end Karl Noa is on Team North Carolina, and is listed as a linebacker.

Former UH cornerbacks Myron Newberry and Gerard Lewis are on Team Texas. There's also an OT named James Michael Bessard who is listed as having played for Hawaii as well as Texas Southern. Looks like he was a freshman tight end at UH during Von Appen's last season.

And former UH cornerback Ryan Keomaka is on Team Ohio.

The season is supposed to begin February 8th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **