UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, January 21, 2009

More on Ikaika Malloe's Departure

Jason Kaneshiro:
"It's very tough," Malloe said. "Even now that I've made the decision it's still tough. ... It's been very stressful over the last week.

"My ultimate goal, like I told Coach McMackin, is to someday be in his position (as a head coach). I feel God has blessed me with this opportunity and I want to make the best of it."

Malloe's departure leaves the Warriors two vacancies on the coaching staff. Alex Gerke left UH last month to coach the offensive line at Utah State.
Stephen Tsai:
"He's an awesome coach," former UH long-snapper Jake Ingram said of Malloe.

UH head coach Greg McMackin praised Malloe's work during "the transition year."

Malloe welcomes the challenge. "You've got a local boy at an Ivy League school?" he said, laughing. "Now I have to brush up on my English."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **