UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Warriors in the Pros: Bess, Colt, LaBoy, Lelie

Davone Bess is interviewed and profiled in this week's Dolphin Digest "First & 10" feature on the Miami Dolphins' website. Here's an excerpt:
How big of an advantage did you get playing at Hawaii, which threw the ball so often, and how much of a help was having Colt Brennan as your QB?
It helped me so much. A lot of people say that's one of the main reasons why I didn't get drafted because of the system I was in, but I think that system helped me more than anything. It taught me how to read coverages. It taught me how to find open, soft zones and get in and out of my breaks real quick. It taught me everything that you need to know to be a receiver on this level. And having Colt helped a lot, especially knowing how in sync we were and how accurate he was.
Speaking of Colt, he had a nice pass in practice today.
Speaking of Hawaii, Colt Brennan got just his usual small amount of work with the scout team, but he did make at least one gorgeous pass in there, a perfectly-placed rainbow that dropped in over the coverage to Horace Gant. He had other, less-impressive passes as well, but the nice one drew compliments from all over the field.
FoxSports.com's Matt Schrager also listed Colt as one of the top ten college football players on offense in the last decade. Thanks to R for the link.

Travis LaBoy missed practice today with an injured ankle.

Ashley Lelie missed practice today with an injured calf.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **