UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Future Warriors: Aaron Brown, Zack Masch, Corey Nielsen

Stephen Tsai writes that JC safety Aaron Brown will become a Warrior.
Brown is 6 feet 1 1/2 and 215 pounds. He is capable of running 40 yards in 4.4 seconds, and bench-pressing 225 pounds 24 times. He has a 36-inch vertical jump.

Brown turned down offers from Arizona State and Oregon.

"I love the Hawai'i fans," Brown said. "I was at the game (against Cincinnati) Saturday night, and it was a great atmosphere. I liked the coaches and the players. I thought it was a good fit for me."
Excellent news. Congratulations to Aaron.

Also from the article, Tsai talks to UH commit Zack Masch:
Masch, like Brown, based his decision partly on the Warriors' strong fan support.

"Just to see Hawai'i was great," said Masch, who visited the past weekend. "Going to the (UH-Cincinnati) game was what clicked in. It made me think, 'I want to go there.' It was loud. The stadium was great."

Most of all, he said, "everything there was like a family. I liked that. That's what it takes to win a championship."
And Wes Nakama profiles Gahr HS QB and UH commit Corey Nielsen, who is in town to play in the Hawai'i/Polynesia-Mainland Bowl.
Nielsen made a verbal commitment in July and already considers himself a Warrior. He played this entire season with a Hawai'i "H" logo decal on the back of his helmet, right above another decal of the Hawaiian Islands chain.

"I wanna represent," Nielsen said.
Awww yeah. The article has a picture of Corey showing the back of his Gahr HS helmet, which features an H-logo and the island chain. And here's what the front looks like:




Nice!