UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, June 04, 2008

WitP: H. Satele, Bess, Lelie

Hercules Satele is interviewed by Dusty Wittig of AZRedReport.com. Here's an excerpt:
DW: Who was your biggest football and non-football influence growing up and why?

HS: My biggest football influence came from all of the relatives I have played with in college. I had two relatives that got drafted last year (Samson Satele and Melila Purcell) and they have been through the ropes. When they came back to Hawaii they taught me everything that they have learned and told me what it takes to play at the pro level.
If you have a Scout.com subscription, there's another link on that page to an extended Q&A with Hercules.

Davone Bess returned punts at Miami Dolphins practice today.

And from the Instant 49ers blog, here's an interview with Ashley Lelie. He talks about his decision to leave Denver, learning Mike Martz' offense, and the opportunities the receivers are getting to show what they can do. Here's an excerpt:
QUESTION: Do you view last year as a redshirt year?

LELIE: Yeah, in a way. I think I put an extra year on my career. I didn't get a lot of reps, and I didn't get in there in games, so my body feels fresher. I didn't get banged around. Although it was tough, that was one good thing that came out of last year. In going through a bad season like that, it puts everything in perspective and makes you re-evaluate how you feel about the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **