UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Saturday, May 31, 2008

Parking, Melila Purcell, CO on ESPN2, Etc

Dave Reardon writes about UH's plans to sell parking passes at Aloha Stadium.
Season-ticket holders with prime seats will have more access to prime parking spots at Aloha Stadium this fall, as the University of Hawaii athletic department hopes to raise $100,000 through a new parking deal with the stadium.

The Stadium Authority and management have agreed to make more than 1,000 parking spaces at the stadium available to UH to sell for Warrior home games.

The money the school makes will go toward athletic scholarships.
More details can be found in this UHAD press release.

From the Cleveland Browns website, here's an article from earlier this month profiling 2nd year defensive ends Chase Pittman and Melila Purcell. In this excerpt, Mel talks about playing on the practice squad last year.
"I learned a whole bunch," Purcell said. "It's been fun, but kind of hard at the same time. But it's been exciting just getting all the information from the coaches and some of vets as well.

"I wasn't playing, but I was taking mental reps. Just trying to get better."

Purcell was listed at 6-foot-5, 285 last season, and he's noticeably bigger in the upper body after a full year in an NFL weight program.
Thanks to 4uhfan on WSN for finding this article.

Monday night (10:30pm EDT, 4:30pm HST) is your chance to watch Chad Owens play for the AFL's Colorado Crush on ESPN2 HD or ESPN360.com. Here's an excerpt from the press release:
WR CHAD OWENS ranks third among rookies in all-purpose yards (1,097). Ranks fifth among rookies in yards from scrimmage (507), receiving yards (494), receptions (51), and first downs (30)
Be there! Thanks to "anonymous" in the comments.

Stephen Tsai writes about QB Steele Jantz impressing with his arm strength in yesterday's workouts. UH got lots of QBs!

And from yesterday, Tsai has a list of some great players currently not on scholarship, which includes the likes of Daniel Libre, Victor Clore, Aaron Bain, etc. Tsai writes that Tim Grasso and John Fonoti will be placed on scholarship in the fall.

6 Comments:

  • At Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 1:01:00 PM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really like to read about UH football--and what I find I don't mind posting here since you do such a great job of keeping everyone up to date. Sometimes the links are just too long and gets cut off when I post here--I will try to cut long ones and you may have to copy and paste where needed. Also, please check dates and links as needed and I try not to duplicate what great work you have already done.

    http://www.chicagobears.com/news/
    ChalkTalkStory.asp?story_id=4738

    May 28, 2008

    Which young players will make an impact?

    Other young players who could surprise this season are safeties Kevin Payne and Leonard Peters. Coaches I’ve spoken to are high on both players.


    http://mvn.com/nfl-rams/2008/05/31/
    will-chris-long-play-some-at-
    linebacker/

    Will Chris Long Play Some at Linebacker?

    By Hal Schaeffer | May 31st, 2008

    So, as it stands right now, I expect to see a starting lineup of Will Witherspoon at MLB, Pisa Tinoisamoa at WLB, and Chris Draft at SLB when the season opens in Philly on September 7th. This is a pretty solid group. The holdover backups will be Tim McGarigle behind ‘Spoon and Quinton Culberson supporting Draft. The only possible change here would occur if Culberson wins the SLB competition over Draft.

    This lineup offers pretty decent run defense, especially if the improvement that was seen last year in the defensive line continues, and if Tinoisamoa can solve some problems he has had with tackling during the last couple of seasons. More importantly for him and the team is his going through a season without serious injury. Either Draft or Culberson presents an upgrade from Chillar in pass coverage.

    If Tinoisamoa goes down, things will get dicey.


    http://catchat.thespec.com/2008/05/rookie-remarks.html

    May 28, 2008
    Rookie remarks

    Ticat rookie camp first impressions;

    Casey Printers was throwing some real darts; Timmy Chang was throwing some ducks. But it's early.

     
  • At Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 1:17:00 PM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like money, I like scholarship, I like feed me ekole'. No cheap stuff you hea?
    -Mr. Luva-luba

     
  • At Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 8:08:00 PM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Tombo,

    I am the one that has been doing the Anonymous posts with the links to the former UH players like Chad Owens, and the first Anonymous post above about Leonard Peters, Tinoisamoa and Timmy Chang. After seeing the second Anonymous post above, I will post only with the name that I have normally posted with. I am sure that you know that the second Anonymous is not me and I would never post something like that. I remember something similar happened to KB a couple months ago.

    If you were wondering why I was posting like that, I was trying to do links to articles Anonymously since it did not matter who finds it--it only matters that true fans can read it to find out what is happening. When I posted with my log-on name, it was because I was expressing my opinion.

    Anyway, have a nice weekend and hope I did not cause any confusion or problems.

    Fl

     
  • At Sunday, June 1, 2008 at 12:30:00 AM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Tombo,
    My apologies in advance for future ranks I may cause on your page. By the way, where in the world is Wildwahine? I miss that wahine. Do you know her number? I promise to be a lover, not a hater:).

     
  • At Sunday, June 1, 2008 at 6:59:00 AM HST, Blogger Tombo Ahi said…

    hey fuzzylogic, thanks for finding all the articles and posting them -- very much appreciated. i think it's fine to use your name -- you're the one finding them after all, and then we can know who to thank. but i guess it's not foolproof since i'm pretty sure you didn't post that last comment! hmmmmm.

     
  • At Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 11:18:00 PM HST, Blogger yanmaneee said…

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **