UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Friday, April 04, 2008

Colt Brennan Interview

Chris Steuber of Scout.com has a lengthy interview with Colt Brennan, conducted after Pro Day. Colt talks about his hip injury, the upcoming NFL draft, etc. Here's an excerpt:
CS: The adversity keeps rolling your way, because once the story hit the wire that you were set to have surgery on your hip, everyone who had you as a mid-round prospect now says you will be a late round prospect or even a free agent. What do you think about those sentiments?

Brennan: If you look at what I did at the Combine; completing all of those passes, playing at the Senior Bowl all week and performing great at my Pro Day, all with a partially torn labrum, I think I’ve shown something. The one thing I did at the Pro Day was a lot of movement. I did cone drills and threw on the run just to show everyone that this injury isn’t serious. There is nothing serious about it. The one thing that makes it serious is the timing. All I need is a team to understand that, and I think teams are smart enough to understand that it isn’t serious. They have doctors who understand that and they can look at it and say that this kid will be 100-percent the first week in July. Teams don’t really need me until the last week in July; yeah, I’ll miss two mini-camps, big deal, I’ll be there watching. I know the media takes a negative perspective on it, the teams see it for what it is, and I think I’ll still be drafted pretty high come draft day.

2 Comments:

  • At Friday, April 4, 2008 at 1:20:00 PM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I feel bad for CB who gave and gave to our great State and now all he has is adversity. But, I still feel he will be drafted despite the torn labrum, now maybe in the second round. I feel better that CB no stay scared, but is taking this head-on. I believe in 5 years he will be playing in the Superbowl.

     
  • At Friday, April 4, 2008 at 7:18:00 PM HST, Blogger Tombo Ahi said…

    yeah, colt will be fine and has a great attitude about all the adversity. i just keep on hearing regurgitations of misguided "expert conjecture" about how colt had bad combine and a bad pro day, when in fact anyone who actually saw him throw said he had great performances. anyways, just hope colt gets an opportunity with some great coaches at the next level. go colt!

     

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **