UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday Combine News

Colt Brennan was interviewed by the media this afternoon at the NFL Combine. Here's a transcript (along with a bunch of other info) from NFL Draft Scout. Here's coverage of the interview from NFL.com.
"My whole life it seems like everyone said I wasn't going to be able to do it," said Brennan, sitting comfortably at a table surrounded by media at the Indiana Convention Center on Friday. "When I went to Mater Dei High School in Irvine, Calif., they said I'd be too small. ... I tried to get into a college, couldn't find one. I went to a prep school, walked on at Colorado, bounced back to a junior college, walked on at Hawaii -- never could get a break.

"Everyone kept saying, 'too small, not good enough,' and I had a good career at Hawaii. So you hear the criticism now, it almost puts me at ease, like I'm going to have great success in the next league. So I'm just excited to get to a team and prove that I can do it."
Here's an article from Sean Callahan of Rivals.com discussing what Brennan hopes to prove at the combine. Colt's former teammates back him up:
Three of Brennan's former Hawaii wide receivers are in Indianapolis also preparing to work out Sunday. When Ryan Grice-Mullen was asked about his former quarterback, he had nothing but confidence that Brennan will get it done at the next level.

"The guy is just a gamer and you see that every day," he said. "A guy like him might not get drafted that high, but you see guys like him always making plays in the Super Bowl and nobody knows where they came from. He's just a playmaker."

Fellow Warriors wide receiver Jason Rivers echoed Grice-Mullen's assessment.

"Colt has all the tools to make it," Rivers said. "He has the attitude and the drive. Whatever problems people say about him, they are easy fixings. The one thing you can't teach at this next level is being super-accurate and he's one of the most accurate quarterbacks coming out this year.

"He just has that 'it' factor. He's a gamer."
Cory J. Bonini of KFFL seemed impressed with Brennan's interview, while SI's Don Banks was not.

Colt's weight gain is highlighted in this ProFootballWeekly.com Friday notebook.

And finally, Jason Rivers talked about adjusting to cold weather.
As Rivers prepares for the NFL Draft, he knows there is a chance he could get picked by a team in a cold-weather city. While playing in the cold no doubt will be an adjustment, Rivers said he's already working on getting used to it.

"I was in Denver for the past month, and it took me about a week or two to get used to the cold," Rivers said. "The second I got there, I went to Sports Authority and bought me a pair of warm gloves.

"I only wore them for a about a week and a half, and after that I took them off. I got used to it."

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **