UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Monday, May 28, 2007

Opponent Web Sites / Miami / Nate

I've compiled a list of links to opponent blogs and boards, which I've posted in the right sidebar. Here's the list below, in case you can't find it in all the clutter.Even though some teams have lots of fan sites, I only chose to list one link per team. As for Charleston Southern, I could not find a legitimate or active fan site. If any CSU fans know of a blog or forum, e-mail or write me a message.

And let's hope I can add one more I-A team to this list on or before Herman Frazier's "drop-dead" deadline on Thursday.

======

Garret from UH Warrior Quotes has been a news finding fiend. He found this Q&A Forum on MiamiHerald.com, where reporter Jeff Darlington answers questions from Miami Dolphin fans. Here are a few excerpts, both answers from 5/28/07:
Q. Jeff..I thought you were dead...I'm glad you're still breathing. I would like to hear your opinion on Reagan Juggernaut Mauai (sic). I hope he can break it open for Ronnie and Lorenzo....

...

Reagan is a nut. Crazy. When I covered Channing Crowder in college, I immediately saw that natural side of him during a hog-hunting experience we took together. No doubt, Reagan seems to have that same quality ticking in his head somewhere. And I really think it might be the most underrated quality of an NFL player. If you've ever had the opportunity to stand on an NFL sideline, you know just how truly violent this game is. So if you can somehow lack the ability to care about, well, your body, you can really do some unbelievable things.
and
I'm told the team has a lot of faith in center Samson Satele, the second-round pick. Actually, speaking to one source, they said they actually anticipate Satele having the biggest impact of anyone on this rookie class. That wasn't a knock on Ginn, either. It simply reflected the high level of faith the team currently has in Satele. Still, this line has a lot of progress to make if it's going to allow this offense to excel.
Great things to hear.

======

And here's a Scout.com story on Nate Ilaoa.
Despite his 5-foot-9, 248-pound frame, Ilaoa can really move. And unlike many running backs, instead of relying on making defenders miss, he's just as likely to take them head-on. It wasn't uncommon to see a defensive back try to ready himself to react to one of Ilaoa's nifty cuts, only to literally bounce off his body as he rolled straight through the would-be tackler instead.

"I think that just plays in my favor, having the ability to do both pretty well," Ilaoa explained during a recent Scout Radio interview. "It puts defenders in kind of a limbo type of situation."

...

Many draft experts figured that "Nasti Nate" would play fullback at the pro level. While he's not fully sure yet about what his role will be this year, the Eagles don't have Ilaoa on the roster as a fullback.

"They have me at tailback, maybe a short-yardage type situation," he said. "They haven't basically come out and told me, but you know, that's the whole point of these camps.

"It's not the fact that you can play football anymore because everybody at this level can play. It's just a matter of if you can fit into their system."
The story also has a link to a 5-minute audio interview with Nate, but unfortunately you have to be a Scout member to listen to it. So if anyone has a membership, there you go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **