UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Mauia Article

Scott Howell of the Lodi News-Sentinel profiles Reagan Mauia and talks to him about being drafted by Miami.
"It hasn't really sunk in yet," Mauia said. "It feels like I just won some kind of award and everyone keeps congratulating me. It's just an incredible feeling.

"It probably won't hit me until I go home and see it in the eyes of my parents."

...

"Ever since I've been on cloud nine. I'm on cloud ten right now."

Mauia then had a phone call of his own to make. He says he never told his parents, who live in Stockton, that he might be drafted.

"Everyone was so excited I couldn't get two words out," Mauia said. "There were tears of joy. A lot of prayers went into this draft, this pick."
I can't wait to see him play for the Dolphins. The Juggernaut's gonna blow up some unsuspecting fools. Props to Scott Howell for another excellent article on Mauia. Here's the other one, from before the draft.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **