UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Sunday, May 13, 2007

LP News, Other News from Camp

Leonard Peters gives another interview, this one from the second day of mini-camp. Thanks to Garret from UH Warrior Quotes for the link. Here's an excerpt:
On not being drafted …
I heard everything about the draft, but to me it wouldn’t matter where I went. I am just grateful that I am here now and that I got the opportunity to come out here and run around with some of the top guys in the nation.

On what he can do now to ensure a roster spot …
If we’re here, they’ve done enough research on us to know what we can do. Being here, we have to try to learn the plays and formations and stuff like that. The thing we can do is try to show how bad we want it and give effort.

On the possibility he could be released …
You can get let go any time, any day. They don’t have to have a reason. I’m going by the hour. I’m enjoying everything. I look at my name on the locker and on our helmets and stuff like that. I am just enjoying the whole situation.
Although it sounds like his 2nd day at mini-camp wasn't as good as his first, he does get some praise from his head coach in this article from The Star-Ledger of New Jersey.
"Leonard, when I was watching tape of Hawaii, there was a lot of big hits and he's involved with them," coach Eric Mangini said. "The most impressive thing about him was in sitting down with the other players, how they constantly reference back to him, his qualities and what he meant to that team. That was probably what moved me most in terms of him as a person is how many other people were talking about him."
That's has to be encouraging for LP.

As for Nate Ilaoa, not too much news on him from his 2nd day in Eagles camp. Maybe tomorrow. Here's a brief mention from the Eagles website:
You see Tony Hunt and Nate Ilaoa struggle learning the X's and O's, as all young running backs do. They need to show they can pick up the blitz sufficiently before they play.
In other former UH player news, Travis Laboy is recovering from two knee scopes and hopes to rejoin the Titans at the end of the month, while Ashley Lelie's strained quad will probably keep him out of 49ers activities in June.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **