UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Sunday, April 15, 2007

Vegas Vacation

I'm off to Vegas until Wednesday night. Should be fun, though I'm sorry I'll be missing a lot of news from the third week of spring practice. In the meantime, here are some links from sites that I would normally be linking to anyway.

The Honolulu Star-Bulletin

The Honolulu Advertiser

Sportshawaii.com

RSN

UPDATE: The following issue has been fixed...

And of course, the Warrior Beat, which I can't really link to. If I did, instead of taking you to Stephen Tsai's blog, it would take you to a page that says this:



Just for the record, I'm not a "spammer". At least I don't think I am. I like spam and rice. Does that count? Here's the wikipedia definition of "referrer spam" :
Referer spam is a kind of spamdexing (spamming aimed at search engines). The technique involves making repeated web site requests using a fake referer url that points to the site the spammer wishes to advertise. Sites that publicize their access logs, including referer statistics, will then end up linking to the spammer's site, which will in turn be indexed by the search engines as they crawl the access logs.

This benefits the spammer because of the free link, and also gives the spammer's site improved search engine placement due to link-counting algorithms that search engines use.

Some web sites receive so many referer spam hits that they amount to a denial of service attack on the server because there are not enough resources left on the server to handle legitimate traffic.
Maybe the Honolulu Advertiser's servers just can't handle the massive crush of traffic I send their way. Yeah, that's the ticket. Well, I just hope I didn't piss off anyone there. I notice that Sportshawaii.com and RSN don't have the same problem. If anyone with the Advertiser is reading this, please know that I love you! I'm sorry! For whatever I've done!

So can TWWT (pronounced toooooooot!) be reinstated now?


And to end it on news affecting UH football, the NCAA is rescinding some of the time-saving rules that were implemented last year.
The committee made two changes that revert to those rules used in the 2005 season. First, in Rule 3-2-5-e, the clock will start on the snap after a change in possession, as opposed to the 2006 rule which started the clock when the referee signaled the ball ready for play. The committee also returned its rules on free kicks to 2005 standards, starting the clock on kickoffs only when the ball is legally touched in the field of play.
So this makes it a little easier for the Warriors to break even more records this year. Woo hoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **