UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, April 12, 2007

Ray Hisatake / Another Song

Stephen Tsai writes a profile of Ray Hisatake in his Day 5 wrap-up.
Last season, Rivals.com gave Hisatake a three-star rating as a defensive tackle. In December, he signed with the Warriors, who were looking to replenish their defensive line.

Hisatake enrolled at UH in January, and shortly before starting his training program, he was told he would move to the offensive line. Jones said Hisatake's strength (286-pound power clean), agility (23-inch vertical jump) and long reach are suitable for playing left tackle.

"I told them I don't mind moving," Hisatake said. "If the team needs me to play tackle, I'll play tackle. I'm doing it for the team. A team wouldn't work unless there's cooperation and a strong unit within itself. I'm giving it a shot."
Right on. Here are some other cool quotes from the article:
"Hisatake is doing very well for someone who has played the position for only five days," head coach June Jones said.
"I'm about 330, 335 now," said Hisatake, who is 6 feet 4. "It's good weight for me. I can still move, and I'm getting bigger and stronger. I feel good."
And here are some photos from the Advertiser.

UPDATE: From The Advertiser, video of Ray Hisatake, Mike Lafaele, Timo Paepule, Fale Laeli, Larry Sauafea, Francis Maka and Colt Brennan singing the Warriors victory song. Pretty cool!

UPDATE 2: A Day 6 wrap-up by KKV2000 on Sportshawaii.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **