UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Monday, January 08, 2007

The Future

Stephen Tsai uses yesterday's blog post for today's Honolulu Advertiser article about Colt Brennan. I got one word for that: LAZY! Das so cheat! Nah nah, this is just my ruse to get an angry comment from Stephen Tsai. His blog has tons of commenters and it sometimes devolves into flame wars, and I want one of my own. Or any comments at all would be great! That's not to discount the great comments I've had from the awesome Charles, Niall, Davone's old teacher, and the countless anonymous gamblers who like my liveblogs. Remember kids, gambling is bad.

Glendalyn Junio, back to school/work at Ka Leo, recaps the Hawaii Bowl.
Following their performance, the Warriors broke another NCAA record for most points in a season with 657 points under their belts. Brennan completes the best statistical season performance set by a quarterback in the history of NCAA football. The question that is raised is what’s next for the record-setting quarterback.

January 15 marks the deadline for underclassmen to apply for the draft as well as the day Brennan will make his decision on whether to return nest season to UH as a fifth-year senior or to join the elite and apply for the 2007 National Football League draft.

“I mean I’m going to come back probably,” Brennan said during the post-bowl interview. “It’s just that there’s a lot of things to do - I have to be smart and look at the best opportunity out there and people would literally call me an idiot if I didn’t see what the NFL had to say.”
He's not listening to me, but let me just say once again, Stay Colt Stay! No Stay Go! Go Warriors Go! Kick Em in the Boto!

And finally, CBS Sportsline recaps the Hawaii Bowl and looks into the future.
PLAYERS TO WATCH IN 2007: QB Colt Brennan - It's just a matter of where you'll watch him, as the fourth-year junior could declare for the NFL draft instead of returning for his senior campaign. If he comes back, Brennan joins Arkansas RB Darren McFadden as the co-Heisman Trophy favorites.

WR Davone Bess - Just a sophomore this season, he might set some NCAA records is he can produce the kind of totals he did this season. After a monster freshman campaign, Bess finished 2006 with 96 receptions for 1,220 yards and 15 touchdowns. No matter who is throwing the ball for Hawaii next season, Bess will be the No. 1 target.

WR Jason Rivers - This junior finished the Hawaii Bowl with 14 grabs for 308 yards and two scores and showed breakaway speed unmatched in the WAC.
The article also has nice things to say about Leonard Peters as he prepares for the NFL combine.
FS Leonard Peters - Look for this senior to be a Scouting Combine stud and possibly crack the top-50 overall. Peters, at 6-1 and 200 pounds of muscle, runs a 4.3 40-yard dash and hits with the authority of a runaway train. He finished with 74 tackles and three interceptions this season and just oozes what scouts are looking for.
That article links to other UH football wrap-ups and prognostications. I've also linked to them here and here.

4 Comments:

  • At Monday, January 8, 2007 at 3:35:00 PM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tombo,
    What a season this has been!!! Only yesterday we were dreaming of the 2006 season and what it may bring!!! Well, we have much to be thankful for and much to look forward to.

    Of course I hope that Colt stays, but if he goes, let's wish him the best. Either way you know he will make his mark for Hawaii and the Warriors.

    A belated thanks to you for all your unbelievable game blogging! There was one game that I wasn't able to get online for some undetermined reason and almost went nuts. Then I remembered your blog. We won the game. That nite there was peace in the universe and my house. I really appreciate the great job and superman effort you have made all year w/ your site.

    Here's hoping for a 14-0 2007 season w/ Colt Brennanj!!!!!

     
  • At Monday, January 8, 2007 at 5:52:00 PM HST, Blogger Tombo Ahi said…

    Hey Niall,

    It was indeed an unbelievable season! Whether Colt stays or goes, UH will be okay next year. Of course, I'd like Colt to stay and destroy more records and beat some great teams and bring more exposure for UH in the process. Thanks again for hanging around this year. Glad I could help out with the liveblog. Spring practice is nearly a month away already! UH football is year-round! Here's to an awesome 2007! GO WARRIORS!!!!

     
  • At Monday, January 8, 2007 at 6:11:00 PM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, Tombo, that is cheating.
    I thought I would only post football stories on the blog and leave the regular paper for, I dunno, volleyball. But the editors moved my story over. Oh, well.

     
  • At Monday, January 8, 2007 at 6:25:00 PM HST, Blogger Tombo Ahi said…

    Thanks Stephen! I mean, grrrr! I thought it would be angrier post, but I guess I'll just have to try harder. Hah! Glad your blog will be "on" in the off-season.

     

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **