UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Sunday, January 07, 2007

Colt, Recruiting Updates

Stephen Tsai talks to Colt Brennan on the pros and cons of staying or leaving.
Colt Brennan said he is at "50-50" on whether to apply for the NFL draft or return to UH for his senior season. The draft-application deadline is Jan. 15 for underclassmen.
"Right now I don't need to be anywhere else but right down the middle," Brennan said. "It's 50-50. I want to see how things pan out."
Brennan, who spent the holidays with his family in California, returns to Honolulu today. He begins classes tomorrow. He leaves Thursday for the Walter Camp awards ceremony, then returns Sunday. He will announce his decision on Monday, Jan. 15.
"I'll have one more week with the fellas," Brennan said. "I'll talk to the coaches, and get all of the feedback from the NFL, and see what all of the other quarterbacks out there are doing. And come the 15th, I'll have my decision, and start whatever journey it is."
Visit the Warrior Beat for the full breakdown. The suspense is killing me!

Paul Honda talks to some Hawaii high school players who are weighing their college options, including Hawaii offensive player of the year Miah Ostrowski.
"Coach (June) Jones told me on the phone that they're willing to let me play basketball," Ostrowski said. Jones has always been open to two-sport athletes. Former safety Nate Jackson spent some time late in his Warriors career playing baseball, and current UH slotback Marquez Jackson is on "leave of absence" from football to be on the basketball team.

"If I was going to redshirt in football during my first year, I'd want to suit up for basketball," Ostrowski said.
Prime time! Prime time! Let's hope he'll be able to do both if he comes to UH. In a sidebar, Dave Reardon has a list of players who have committed to Hawaii so far. He also talks to some players who are leaning towards or considering UH.
Sierra (Calif.) College DE Josh Leonard (6-3, 285) said he is ready to commit to Hawaii when he visits this weekend. "I have offers from Nevada, Wyoming and Washington, but Hawaii's clearly ahead," he said in a phone interview last night. Leonard's father, Rick, was a college roommate of UH defensive line coach Jeff Reinebold when they played at Maine. ... After decommitting from Houston, Hoover (Ala.) High School DE Korey Reynolds now lists Hawaii as his No. 1, with his only other offer on the table being from Southern Miss. "I can't really be sure it's the place until I come out and see what it's about. But right now Hawaii looks like the one." Reynolds (6-3, 250) also plays tight end.
It's shaping up to be a great recruiting class. Looking forward to 2007!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **