UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Saturday, January 06, 2007

More Ikaika

Dave Reardon has more on Ikaika Alama-Francis playing in the Shrine Game, as well as the Hula Bowl.
Most top pro prospects play in no more than one all-star game. But the 6-foot-6, 280-pound Alama-Francis is a relative newcomer to football (he did not play the sport in high school), so the more scouts can see him, the better.

"More exposure is better for me, the more games I play the better," Alama-Francis said. "I knew the Shrine Game was interested, but I was surprised, because it's kind of last minute. But I'm very happy about it."

Alama-Francis is No. 23 on NFL Draft expert Mel Kiper's "big board" of prospects. (Underclassmen declaring for the draft have not been added in for consideration yet.)

"That's an amazing thing, Mel Kiper's a big-time guy. It's very shocking to me," Alama-Francis said. "I know I have a lot more work ahead of me. I have to listen to all the advice and work hard."

Several scouts have said the former basketball player from Kalaheo High School is likely to be picked by the end of the second round of the draft.

...

"I think for Ikaika, it will really help him to be exposed as much as possible to the scouts," UH defensive line coach Jeff Reinebold said. "They'll get to see his work ethic and the kind of quality person he is. That can make a big difference."
Guess I'll be watching the draft. Congratulations to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **