UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, July 20, 2006

No More Delicious

Lucious Henderson, who was an incoming freshman DB, will instead go to a junior college rather than petition the NCAA for a special academic exemption. That's too bad, we need all the DB help we can get. I hope he'll be back in two years. The good news is that cornerbacks Myron Newberry and Keenan Jones are academically good to go and will be here in the fall.

Dave Reardon has a great profile of incoming overqualified grad assistant Dennis McKnight. Here's an excerpt:
"Hawaii's a special place. The kids are awesome," McKnight said. "June's chances of offering me something might be running out. It's a win-win for me. June's giving me a chance to keep my foot in the door. I feel like I'm doing it for the right reason. Lots of guys doing it to move up the corporate ladder. Coaching in its purest form, it's about the kids. And I might even be able to get a master's degree out of it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **