UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Monday, July 24, 2006

Interview with June - Part 1

The Star-Bulletin has a good interview with June Jones, with Robert Kekaula, Bobby Curran and Dave Reardon asking the questions. Here's June talking about Colt Brennan:
Q: Colt left a lot of yards and a handful of touchdowns on the field. Is he at a point where he'll get those?

A: I think what you described happened in the first 10 games. At the end, he was doing it correctly. I really felt like the light came on against San Diego State. He might have made one bad throw in that game. It wasn't a bad decision, just a bad throw. Even through the spring, everything was confident, quicker, faster. He's got a quick release anyway.

Q: Does he have complete comprehension of the playbook?

A: I'd say last year when we started on a scale of 10 he was a 2. Now he's probably a 7 1/2 or 8. And as we get going, he'll get better. I know he'll do what I call now and make the reads. Last year I didn't know what would happen. There was a lot of stuff he wasn't sure about, but he competed.
Can't wait to see what Colt does this year. And updating my previous post, in a sidebar on the same Star-Bulletin article, we learn that John Fonoti is academically ineligible for this upcoming season. Down down down goes the APR!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **