UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Sunday, June 25, 2006

Interview with Ikaika

Stephen Tsai interviews Ikaika Alama-Francis. Here's an excerpt:
On his training, during which he improved his strength and quickness.

"When I first started (in 2003), my max (in the bench press) was 225 (pounds). It was a little more than my weight. Now I'm at 405. The first time I broke 400, I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe how far I've come. I know I have a long way to go.

"I ran a 4.69 (seconds), 4.71 (in the 40-yard dash). That was OK. I do a lot of sprints. I work with boxes, jumping on them, and on foot drills and changing directions. It helps to play basketball. You're playing a game, but you get to work on your footwork and lateral movement. Basketball has helped me tremendously in football. And you have fun with basketball, too."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **