UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Sunday, June 11, 2006

Interview with Davone

Stephen Tsai has a great interview with Davone Bess. Definitely a must-read. Here's an excerpt:

On learning the offense:
"I knew what I had to do, but I didn't know the overall concept. Now I know that. Coach (June Jones) told us at the beginning of last year's fall camp, 'You'll get better the more you go through this.' When I watch film (of last year's games) now, I'm like, 'Why did I do that?' If only I knew then what I know now.

"I think it clicked in the middle of spring ball (in April). That's when everything clicked. It was like, 'OK, now I understand everything.' Last year, I knew my routes. If coach told me to run this play, I knew what to do. But I didn't know what (wideout) Ian Sample was doing. I didn't know what (wideout) Ross (Dickerson) was doing. I didn't know why Colt was looking off that safety. I didn't know the overall concept. Now I know why. Now that I know it, it's kind of a natural buzz, a boost, to think about it. I'm fired up, because I know what I'm doing now."
Wow, with Davone and the other receivers mastering the offense, Colt mastering the offense, Nate back, Mauia ready to be the Juggernaut, the O-line healthy -- this offense is gonna be amazing! Can't wait for the season the start!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **