UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Instant Replay

Starting this fall, instant replay will be a part of Division I-A football games, with coaches allowed to challenge once per game. This ESPN article says 9 of 11 I-A conferences used some form of replay last year. I wonder if the WAC will implement it this season? Will they be forced to? Gotta find out. I like this quote from Georgia coach Mark Richt:
"I'm sure there will be a time or two that I'll be glad that it's in place," Richt said Tuesday. "The thing I don't like about it is not really knowing for sure when to throw it. I haven't lived through it. The fans may be booing or a player may be like, 'Throw the flag,' or I might in my heart want to throw the flag. But if I throw it at the wrong time, I lose the possibility of that for the rest of the game. I wish I had a good way of knowing when I ought to throw the darn thing. But I guess we all have the same problem."
If anything, it'll make the games a little more interesting. I hope it helps Hawaii in a few games. Now all we need is the 4 point field goal from NFL Europe and we're set!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **