UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Sunday, January 16, 2011

Warriors in the Pros

Some WitP news from the last few weeks:

Pisa Tinoisamoa made one tackle as the Bears beat the Seahawks for a berth in the NFC Championship Game.

Mat McBriar is going to the Pro Bowl.
McBriar earned his second career Pro Bowl nod. His first was in 2006.

"It's an awesome feeling,'' McBriar said. "I was very happy when I got the call. It's extra special for me since I went to school there, and I get to catch up with some of the people I went to school with. The first time was a really neat experience, I'm going to make the most of it again."
He will also be an analyst for ESPN Australia.
"Nothing crazy," said McBriar, who is from Australia. "I'm more like a sideline guy. I'll be here for the Super Bowl week. It will be some of the lighter stuff. Australians really don't take the game that seriously. I'm not going to talk X's and O's. I'll talk like, 'This guy is really good. Watch him catch the ball.' That kind of thing. It should be fun. It was an opportunity that was presented to me and I was like this may never happen again."
In his final game of the season, Davone Bess had an amazing touchdown catch:



MiamiDolphins.com had a profile of Bess.
“He’s grown a lot as a football player and understanding the game,” said running back Ronnie Brown, who is considered to be one of the better pass-catching backs in the league. “I think that’s what sets a lot of guys apart, when they continue to learn and he continues to have that same type of motivation when he comes in. He has that same work ethic and he hasn’t been one of those guys that got complacent.
Jake Ingram signed a futures contract with Tennessee.

Chad Owens is negotiating with the New York Jets.

Jenny Vrentas of the Star-Ledger profiled Jet Wayne Hunter.
“A lot of times you need a new start to do well,” said Hunter, who was out of the NFL for a year before the Jets gave him a chance. “I was forced into being away from football, and I think that really helped, because I got to reset my mind.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **