UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Monday, August 02, 2010

WitP :(

Colt Brennan was cut by the Washington Redskins today.
The Redskins have released quarterback Colt Brennan, the team announced on Monday.

Brennan’s release comes on the heels of the Redskins’ acquisition of quarterback John Beck from the Baltimore Ravens.

Brennan appeared to be really struggling in Redskins training camp. He was returning to action after missing the entire 2009 season due to hip and hamstring injuries.
UPDATE: Colt talks to Jason Reid of the Washington Post. Some excerpts:
"I was totally surprised," Brennan said in a phone interview shortly after leaving Redskins Park. "I actually was walking off the field today and someone asked, 'How'd you do today?' I said I had a good day. It was a good practice, so I said I'd have a good rest of the day. It was definitely a surprise."
"They wanted me to have a chance early on in camp. They didn't want to put me in a bad position. Kyle told me I'm a kid who needs reps. Kyle's an awesome guy, and that's the only thing that's really kind of a bummer, because I love this coaching staff. They've been really cool to me and I was building a great relationship with them. But this is a business. They said they would do anything they could to help me. They told me they think I can play, so they just wanted to give me an opportunity to catch on somewhere."

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **