UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Sunday, January 24, 2010

WitP: John Estes, Davone Bess

The Star-Bulletin has some quotes from John Estes about his experience playing in the East-West Shrine Game.
"I had a great week of practice, met some good people, made some friends," Estes said in a phone call to the Star-Bulletin. "It was a lot of fun, a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The field was perfect. I feel good about how I did.

"No, I haven't received an invitation to the (NFL) combine, hoping that I will now. If not, that's fine. I'll be training for the Pro Day at Athletes Performance in L.A."
Estes also got another rave review, this one from Sports Illustrated.
John Estes/C/Hawaii: Estes could well be the big winner of Shrine week. He played with terrific fundamentals and strength from the first day of practice. Estes had no problem handling bigger opponents on the line and was flawless blocking on the move. Estes, who has not yet received an invitation to February's combine, elevated his draft stock at least one round.
The Sun-Sentinel's Omar Kelly posted a few pictures on his Twitter account of Davone Bess collecting donations for Haiti relief efforts on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **