UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, January 21, 2010

Articles on UH Recruits

Greg Ladky of Yahoo Sports writes about Dustin Elisara and Tuu Lolohea committing to UH.
“I feel like staying home is good,” Lolohea said. “It is great to be able to play in front of my family and friends.”

“It is really exciting,” Elisara said. “It is good to come to a conclusion. It just felt right to commit to U-H. This is where we grew up. I grew up watching U-H. I just wanted to stay and play for Hawaii. My family is really happy about it. It would be hard if I went away to college for them to fly out and watch my games.”

Elisara said the Hawaii coaches were equally as happy.

“They were really surprised, I could just see how happy they were.”
Matt Szabo of the Huntington Beach Independent profiles recent commit Kody Afusia.
“I felt like they were all family,” Afusia said. “I’ve liked the school since I was 6, 7 years old. When I got there, I just felt like it was home. I liked the dorms and I loved the weight room. The campus is just nice in general.”

Afusia (6 feet 3, 295 pounds) played both offensive and defensive line for the Seahawks (4-6). He was named the Golden West League Defensive Player of the Year and was an All-CIF Southern Section Southern Division selection.

He said he will play center for the Warriors. He was also looking at Montana State and San Diego State, but Afusia’s dad, Lee, said he’s not surprised his son chose Hawaii.

“He’s been a University of Hawaii Warrior since he played Pop Warner,” Lee Afusia said. “He used to stay up to watch the TV broadcast late at night. We’re really proud to have him represent Ocean View.”
Afusia said the Hawaii coaching staff told him that if the offensive line position wasn’t working out for him, trying him at defense was also a possibility.
Jason Kaneshiro writes that recent commits John Hardy and Bubba Luna are cousins.
Hardy (6-foot-1, 165 pounds), who is interested in pursuing computer engineering in college, was named to the All-CIF Inland Division team. Playing primarily cornerback, he was also named to the Riverside (Calif.) Press-Enterprise's All-Area team as a utility player after racking up 65 tackles and 10 interceptions.

Poueu-Luna also earned all-star honors playing quarterback at Great Oak High in Temecula, Calif., and has first-hand knowledge of Hardy's strengths in the secondary.

"He's a great corner," said Poueu-Luna, who also visited UH over the weekend and is expected to compete at slotback or wide receiver for Hawaii. "He plays with you. He's a really smart corner and he's physical, he's not afraid of contact. He got me a couple of times."
Dan Albano of OCVarsity.com writes that UH commit Dominick Sierra is taking a recruiting trip to Nevada.

And uh oh, looks like UH commit David Katina is receiving a lot of offers, though he's still leaning towards UH.
Katina says a number of colleges are lining up for him.

He is leaning more toward the University of Hawaii, led by Head Coach Greg McMackin.

“But we had some good offers from the University of Arizona, Oregon State, the University of Oregon, and the University of Tennessee,” Katina noted.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **