UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Moniz, Smith, Dunnachie, Elam

Jason Kaneshiro profiles Bryant Moniz.
Rolovich learned a few lessons the hard way in his first run as Hawaii's starting quarterback. He struggled early on and was benched in the 2000 season. He bounced back dramatically as a senior, throwing for 3,361 yards and 34 touchdowns in a remarkable nine-game stretch after taking over for an injured Tim Chang.

"I just wasn't ready for the magnitude of the job at that point," Rolovich said of his first season at UH. "I learned that within that year ... and decided I was going to do everything I could to make it better.

"I think Mo is at that point already. I think he came in at that point."
Stephen Tsai profiles Spencer Smith. He also has an injury update on Royce Pollard, and talks to punter Alex Dunnachie about his recent struggles:
Alex Dunnachie accepted the blame for punts of 7 and 10 yards against Nevada.

Bad luck? "It has nothing to do with luck," he said. "It's the fundamentals. I couldn't perform when I needed to. It's just mechanical issues."

He said he believed he shanked both punts because he dropped the football too far to the right of his cleat.

And, he said, "I was kicking it too hard. I have to relax and play the coverage."
And John Hollis has a profile of former UH and current Atlanta kicker Jason Elam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **