UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Nevada, Tormey, Moniz, Meatoga

HawaiiAthletics.com has game info and notes for this Saturday's UH-Nevada game.

The Sports Network has a game preview.

Stephen Tsai profiles UH assistant coach Chris Tormey, who talks about his time as the head coach at Nevada. Tsai also writes that Bryant Moniz and Vaughn Meatoga are on track to play again, but Jeramy Bryant is out for Saturday's game due to a torn bicep.

Jason Kaneshiro talks to Moniz and Meatoga.
"It was a pretty easy day for me; (today) will test how I feel," Moniz said. "The trainers are just going to keep checking on me to see if any of the symptoms of concussion are coming back. But right now it's all green lights."

On the other side of the ball, defensive tackle Vaughn Meatoga will see how his ankle holds up under contact in his return from a two-week absence.

"It's hard to stay away from football, but I'm glad to be back out here now," Meatoga said after taking a few reps yesterday. "It feels real good. It feels way better from the last time I tried to play. I think I can get back to my old self."
And with Bryant out, Lewis Walker and Kawika Ornellas may see more playing time.

Below are some articles that I couldn't get to the past couple days. My apologies!

UH QBs getting healthier, by Jason Kaneshiro

Rausch is back in mix, by Stephen Tsai

Not all is lost in a UH-less bowl, by Ferd Lewis

Pack looks to keep rolling vs. Warriors, by Juan Lopez of The Nevada Sagebrush

Greg McMackin's Weekly Press Conference, from HawaiiAthletics.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **