UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, July 30, 2009

Campaign for John Estes

HawaiiAthletics.com has a new web page for John Estes which will promote his All-America, Rimington Award and Lombardi Award candidacies. It includes an intro video as well as a link to a photo gallery. The site will be updated throughout the season.

Estes also has a Twitter account: @JohnEstes55

And Stephen Tsai has an interview with Estes. Here's an excerpt:
On his summer training:

"I've been working out every day. I lift every day. (UH conditioning coaches) Tommy Heffernan and Mel deLaura have helped me out. I work out twice a day. I'm doing drills. I'm eating well. I've gained weight. I'm around 300 pounds now. My freshman year I was 275. I was 293 last year, now I'm 300. It's a good weight. I think I can get bigger in my upper body. I'm working on my upper-body strength this summer."

On working with four offensive line coaches in five years:

"If you count (Mike) Cavanaugh (who resigned shortly after signing day), it's five. It's six if you count (former center) Samson (Satele). I still take what I was taught when I got here. It's set and punch. I take little things from each coach. Coach Gordy (Shaw) has helped me on run-blocking a lot this year, getting up to the next level, and hitting your landmarks. Zone-blocking and inside zone are helping me out a lot. We'll see how it goes."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **