UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Friday, June 26, 2009

Charles Tuaau Commits to UH

Stephen Tsai writes that along with Calen Friel, Leilehua defensive end Charles Tuaau will become a Warrior.
Tuaau said going to UH will be somewhat of a reunion. Several of his cousins attend UH, including defensive tackle Chris Leatigaga.

He also is friends with linebacker Art Laurel, offensive lineman Clayton Laurel and quarterback Bryant Moniz.

"They said a lot of good things about the program," Tuaau said. "I'm anxious to go to UH, and play for the Warriors."

Tuaau said he received interest from Oregon, Washington State, San Jose State and Idaho.
Here are more quotes from Friel:
Friel said his decision fulfilled a long-time dream.

"I was a Warrior fan since I was a little kid," Friel said.

He said an older brother is trying to earn a berth on the Warriors' roster.

"I was looking at a lot of schools," Friel said. "I think Hawai'i is the place to be."

Friel said he could not pass on an opportunity to play games in front of family members.

"I come from a family of brothers and sisters," Friel said. "I like to stay home and hang out with my family."
Congrats to Charles and Calen.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **