UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, April 23, 2009

WitP: Veikune, A. Leonard, Elimimian, Ingram

Stephen Tsai talks to David Veikune about the upcoming NFL Draft.
The National Football League draft is this weekend, and David Veikune will be thinking about the greens.

"I'm going to go golfing," said Veikune, a former University of Hawai'i defensive end who might be selected as early as the third round.

Veikune has drawn strong interest from several NFL teams. The Minnesota Vikings, Denver Broncos, Philadelphia Eagles, Tennessee Titans and Miami Dolphins brought him in for personal workouts.
In an article about Kaluka Maiava, Jason Kaneshiro also writes about Adam Leonard and Solomon Elimimian.
Former Hawaii linebackers Solomon Elimimian and Adam Leonard are also looking for a chance to break into the league. Elimimian's agent, Wynn Silberman, said teams that run a Tampa-2 defense have shown interest in Elimimian, UH's all-time leading tackler. Leonard had a workout with the Seattle Seahawks after his performance at Hawaii's pro day.

"I have confidence no matter how I get in I have the ability to make a team,” Leonard said.“The goal is to get into a camp, but I’m pretty confident I’ll get drafted.”
And check out Jake Ingram, who's on Twitter. I wished him luck and he responded:
@tomboahi Thanks! I'm so nervous I am probably just going to work-out all weekend...
Whoa, I got the scoops! BREAKING: Jake Ingram working out all weekend.

Anyway, best of luck to all the Warrior draft-hopefuls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **